Sunday, October 24, 2010

Evening is the whole day...



I love taking a quiet stroll in the evening.. i used to go with shobby around the area i lived in.. the evening..it's ambiance so serene and calm.. peaceful and captivating.. you see the tired flowers yawning as they cover themselves up into a tight curled bud.. the sounds of the birds returning to their nests after a day of flying.. the busy sounds of the nocturnal crickets, and an occasional croak from the grumpy bullfrogs insisting that its presenc be acknowledged...

I love the evenings.. the breeze that touches my nose, eyes, lips, ears, rushing through my hair as i stood dangerously in the swings.. enjoying every moment of this part of the day, before it is engulfed by night.. Walking with my father at this time of the day, enjoying a peaceful father daughter moment.. not a word is needed to be exchanged.. for it is the evening.. and everything is just fine.. surprises in the evening.. a lonely stray puppy, or a baby bird fallen from its nest.. the little wonders of life.. is part and parcel of the evening.. the radiant glow of the sun.. not as bubbly as the morning, nor as menacing as the afternoon.. as it glows in regal rays, and the clouds drift by.. 

I love my evenings with my mother, as we sit for tea in the porch of our comfy den.. sipping spiced tea and dipping cream crackers.. enjoying a hearty laugh over memories reminisced.. conversations unfold without a hint of frustration, flows smoothly like clear water on a rock.. the evening brings such magic.. one has to wonder how.. I love how the sun falls onto her face and lights up those dark brown eyes, for a second i envision the way she looked like when she was as young as i.. the evening is definitely her favourite part of the day...

I love the evening as my darlings are let loose, as Brutus proclaims upon the death of Caeser, "Freedom! Liberty! Tyranny is dead!" cries these unchained canines as they are released from captivation.. I do love to see their expressions as they run about basking in the evening loom.. Breathing in the scent of the evening... Cuddling up to their beloved masters and mistresses.. Anticipating to be leashed and walked around the area, parading their most unacceptable childish behaviours.. And my snotty little felines, active by day and lazy by dusk.. stretch upon the couch.. marking their spot for the day.. without a care for the world, bat their eyes at the day.. anticipating twilight.. for the evening has come.. 

I love the evenings.. for it is indeed the whole day.. after harrowing through the tests of time, i find myself in a moment like this, a moment like this.. when the evening comes.. makes all the tough times seem worthwhile.. 

I love the evening.. especially when enjoyed with a loved one.. Remember the park love? when we sat in the gazebo.. still shy and timid at first, yet still so in love? Remember those days up on that hill love? Where we high above the world, like we were the only two souls that mattered.. embracing the sunset and the salty sea breeze... A kiss in the evening.. to seal the deal.. i love my evenings as much as i love you..

I love the evening.. It is the whole day...

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com